ASD is proud to announce the recipients of the 2016 Students in Mining and Energy TerraSpec Instrument Program award. Student winners were selected based on multiple criteria including the creative application of the TerraSpec line in their research proposals.
Recipients of the TerraSpec 4 or the TerraSpec Halo and their research topics include:
Cameron Adams, Ph.D. Candidate
- Institution: University of Western Australia, Australia
- Proposal Title: 'Understanding of the petrophysical properties of altered rocks: implications for geophysical exploration’
Hernán Anticoi, Ph.D. Candidate
- Institution: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Proposal Title: 'Mineral processing of tantalum and tungsten'
Mimi Do, M.Sc. Candidate
- Institution: Colorado School of Mines, USA
- Proposal Title: 'Assessment of clay type distribution in deepwater deposits and controls on clay mineralogy'
Greg Greywall, M.Sc. Candidate
- Institution: University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Proposal Title: 'Identifying Geothermal Flow Paths From Core and Cuttings, Fish Lake Valley, NV'
Return to the Students in Mining and Energy TerraSpec Instrument Program home page.