Are you a team player?
Are you results oriented?
Would you like a career with great growth potential?
If so, ASD, a rapidly growing company with a bright future, may be the place for you! We are located in picturesque Boulder, Colorado, USA, at the foot of the majestic Rocky Mountains.
ASD offers an extensive benefits package including:
- 401 K with matching
ASD Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
ASD, Inc, a Panalytical Company designs, manufactures, and sells near-infrared (NIR) instruments and applications expertise for use in materials measurement and research, and has grown organically into one of the premier NIR instrumentation companies in the world. ASD is truly an international company, with 70% of sales outside the U.S., and its instruments in use in more than 60 countries, and on every continent.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Technician to join the Production Team reporting to the Director of Operations. This position main focus is to assemble and repair advanced instruments and frequently works closely with the engineering team and customer service departments to meet customer needs. This position may require customer contact to diagnose and troubleshoot customer instrument problems.
Purpose of Position
Under minimal supervision uses documented procedures, general guidance from Engineering and experience assembles, calibrates and tests new instrument systems as well as troubleshoots and repair instruments and accessories received for service and repair. Contributes to the implementation and sustaining of ideas to improve, safety, quality, customer service and efficiency.
Specific Performance Criteria:
- Using production equipment and following blueprints, guidelines and / or diagrams the manufacturing technician assembles, calibrates and tests instruments and accessories ensuring that product and process specifications are met with the highest levels of workmanship.
- Ensures that products, accessories and services progress swiftly through the process.
- Troubleshoot instruments and circuit boards to the component level documenting and communicating findings to the proper personnel. Proposing process improvements based on findings.
- Provide accurate and timely completion of all required documentation and records (work orders, travelers, inventory control, etc.).
- Supports the development and testing of various sub-components as well as optical and electronic accessory products.
- Cross training of personnel.
- Self directs his / her cross training on current and new products / processes ensuring flexibility and readiness.
- Identify, propose, develop and document process improvements for existing and new products, to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Support the organization by conducting and documenting experiments or data analysis as required.
- Perform equipment and area maintenance including but not limited to: Equipment adjustment, organization and cleanliness of work areas, eliminating or segregating non required items, etc.
- Properly use and store chemical products to ensure safety.
- Perform various manufacturing and quality control functions including inventory control, shipping and assembly as required.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in electronic or instrument assembly, adjustment and / or testing.
- Skilled hand soldering
- Proficient with hand tools
- High School diploma.
- Strong preference given to candidates with Lean experience.
- AAS degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronics.
- Work experience in the photonics industry.
- Hands on optical experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Type of Position: Non-Exempt.
Submit your resume
Technical Sales Representative
Incorporated in 1990 as Analytical Spectral Devices, Inc., ASD was acquired by PANalytical B.V. in 2012 and designs, manufactures, and sells Near-Infrared (NIR) instruments and applications expertise for use in materials measurement and research. Recognized worldwide for providing high performance analytical instrumentation solutions to industrial and scientific markets, our spectrometers are unparalleled in providing laboratory-grade results in the field or on-site and are the instruments of choice for remote sensing and environmental sciences for materials measurement and research.
The Technical Sales Representative is an energetic, persuasive, entrepreneurial outside-sales professional that will generate sales through lead generation and qualification for a defined market and/or territory. This position is responsible for both developing new customers and maintaining an established objective of customer service with current customers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Close sales opportunities to secure monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets set by the company
- Develops and executes business plan and sales strategy to accommodate corporate goals.
- Meets or exceeds all activity standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, demonstrations, proposals and closes
- Responsible for entering and maintaining accurate records of sales’ activities in the CRM
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans/campaigns as needed
- Maintains knowledge of company product line as well as competitive products
- Maintains customer satisfaction with existing customers
- Represent the organization at trade shows and conferences in and/or outside the territory
- Coordinates travel and resources such as internal colleagues, demonstration equipment and expenses to assure efficient territory coverage
- Liaise with all stakeholders including marketing, technical support, order management, and application scientists in order to maximize sales
- Controls expenses to meet budget guidelines
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or University
- Minimum of 3 years of direct sales experience of industrial capital equipment; strong preference given to Analytical Instruments, Remote Sensing equipment, Spectrometers or general instrumentation sales
- Must have a successful track record of exceeding sales goals, results driven
- Ability to effectively present technical information
- Strong communications skills – written, oral and presentation
- Ability to creatively approach territory management and sales engagement
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, both domestically and internationally
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
Submit your resume