This position is responsible for providing leading application expertise in the field of X-Ray fluorescence to support Malvern PANalytical’s day to day business from a pre-sales as well as after-sales perspective. Responsibilities include demonstrating the floor standing and benchtop XRF products, including associated software and sample preparation approaches to potential customers. In addition, it includes training customers on using Malvern PANalytical instruments as well as providing application development expertise, performing demonstrations to customer, writing application and demo reports, developing application proof material and presenting this on conferences and trade shows. The position works closely with both Customer Support Engineers and Sales Engineers to ensure success in supporting existing customers as well as growing our customer base. The position will report to regional product management. Travel up to 50% is involved. This position is based out of Malvern PANalytical’s Westborough MA office.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer training, including the development and deployment of training material and delivering this training onsite at customers or in the Malvern PANalytical application lab.
- Providing expertise, including the development and deploying of customer specific application solutions, standard operating procedure and customized training programs
- Product demonstrations of the XRF product range, including preparation and analysis of customer samples, product demonstrations, laboratory work, reporting of customer sample analysis and demo work
- Work closely with product management as well as field based and inside sales on any topic requiring technical application expertise in pre-sales support situations
- Travel with field based sales engineers to customers during the sales process to provide technical support and perform demonstrations on customer site
- Be the technical liaison between customers and sales who, through in-depth understanding of the customer’s pains and challenges, ensures the offering of high added value XRF solutions to prospective customers
- Participate in trade shows exhibits, advertising Malvern PANalytical’s XRF solutions offering
- Help developing marketing material, including application notes, white papers, sales training material etc.
- Sales training: provide product-technical sales training for the benchtop XRF product line and assist sales in positioning benchtop offerings correctly with respect to other elemental analysis solutions, like floor standing XRF
- Service training: development of application training material for service personnel as well as delivering the training
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Geology or Physics
- Experience with ED and WDXRF is a requisite
- Sharp, analytical mindset, combined with pragmatism
- Proven commercial skills and drive
- Excellent reporting and writing skills in English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time in the US, occasionally international
- Ability to present information and data through live, web or telephone communication venues
- Proven customer dedication
- Fully committed and involved, willing to go the extra mile
- Excellent team player