ASD, a product of Malvern Panalytical has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Technician 1 in the Longmont, CO office.
Purpose of Position:
Under direct supervision uses documented procedures and specific guidance to assemble, calibrate and test new instruments as well as troubleshooting and repairing instruments and accessories received for service and repair. Contributes to the implementation and sustaining of ideas to improve, safety, quality, customer service and efficiency.
Specific Performance Criteria:
- Using production equipment and following blueprints, guidelines and / or diagrams the manufacturing technician assembles, calibrates and tests instruments and accessories ensuring that product and process specifications are met with the highest levels of workmanship.
- Ensures that products, accessories and services progress swiftly through the process.
- Basic troubleshooting of instruments and circuit boards to the component level documenting and communicating findings to the proper personnel. Proposing process improvements based on findings.
- Provide accurate and timely completion of all required documentation and records (work orders, travelers, inventory control, etc.).
- Supports the development and testing of various sub-components as well as optical and electronic accessory products.
- Cross training of personnel
- Self directs his / her cross training on current and new products / processes ensuring flexibility and readiness.
- Identify, propose, develop and document process improvements for existing and new products, to improve quality and reduce cost.
- Support the organization by conducting and documenting experiments or data analysis as required.
- Perform equipment and area maintenance including but not limited to: Equipment adjustment, organization and cleanliness of work areas, eliminating or segregating non required items, etc.
- Properly use and store chemical products to ensure safety.
- Perform various manufacturing and quality control functions including inventory control, shipping and assembly as required.
- High School diploma.
- AAS degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronics.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in electronic or instrument assembly and /or testing.
- Strong preference given to candidates with Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Work experience in the photonics industry.
- Hands on optical experience.
Malvern Panalytical is offering a very competitive benefits package including a company profit share scheme, an employer-matched 401(k) savings, medical & dental coverage and tuition reimbursement.
Please send your cover letter with salary requirements and resume via email to recruitment-usa.malvern.com.
Malvern Panalytical is an equal opportunity employer.
Malvern Panalytical is an ethical employer and we ask candidates not to share confidential information about other organizations, including their current employer, during any interview for a position within our organization.