Highly stable light source addresses a wide range of spectral analysis applications requiring artificial illumination without physical sample contact
BOULDER, Colo. – Sept. 12, 2012 – ASD Inc., a global leader in high-performance analytical instrumentation and materials analysis solutions, announced today the release of the Illuminator reflectance lamp for accurate indoor diffuse reflectance measurements. This unique and highly stable light source addresses a wide range of non-contact spectral analysis applications requiring artificial illumination.
The Illuminator is designed to work with the FieldSpec® line of spectroradiometers or other instrumentation that requires reflectance illumination. With a smooth spectral curve and a constant lamp energy output, the Illuminator is perfect for dependable diffuse reflectance measurements across the full VIS/NIR spectral range (350 – 2500 nm). Sample materials well-suited for the Illuminator include soil and minerals, vegetation, fragile fossil specimens, delicate documents, and reflective or painted surfaces.
“One of the big advantages the Illuminator reflectance lamp provides is a strong and stable beam to maximize the amount of light energy on a sample area for the most dependable, accurate non-contact indoor measurements,” said Dr. Brian Curtiss, CTO of ASD.
• Stable illumination over the 350 to 2500 nm range
• Maximized light energy through well-defined beam
• Multiple mount options, making it usable with any lab stands or tripods
• Can be used with nearly any instrument performing reflectance measurement readings (recommended with FieldSpec spectroradiometers)
• Soft-start feature extends bulb life: rated at 1,340 hours, which is equivalent to more than 160 full days of steady use
For more details, visit: the Illuminator