No matter your application, ASD can provide the fiber optic cable you need to best meet your analysis requirements. We offer cables in two types; PVC and ruggedized, with a stainless steel cover.
The PVC cable is often sufficient for many applications, however the ruggedized cable offers benefits for those who are pursuing research in a more challenging environment. Here are a few benefits of each type.
- The cable is flexible and easy to manipulate into different positions – however, keep in mind to not overstretch or crush the cable
- The PVC sheath helps keep the fiber optic cable from getting pinched or crimped, which can crush the fibers inside and cause loss of signal
- Easy to clean
- An interlocking sheath that will help prevent the cable from stretching when the cable is pulled lengthwise.
- A Kevlar fiber embedded in the cable, which helps prevent the cable from pulling on the fibers if stretched.
- A much stronger bond between the stainless steel tip and the SMA connector and the metal sheath at the instrument connection.
A variety of lengths and bundle sizes, with the connectors specific to the instrument and accessories are available.