Designed to assist TerraSpec® 4 mineral analyzer users to quickly and accurately identify key minerals in a deposit, The Spectral Geologist (TSG®) Pro mineral analysis software uses the high quality spectral data captured using the TerraSpec 4 mineral analyzer to easily sort and analyze mineral data. In addition to the software’s intuitive flow and visual presentation of complex data, it offers
- Highly visual interpretation of spectral data, with a variety of visualization options
- The ability to turn thousands of spectra into mineralogical indices for plotting mineral characteristics (such as composition)
- Tools to assist with automatic mineral interpretation, such as The Spectral Assistant® (TSA™) and the Aux Match function
- The capacity to analyze and visualize the mineralogy of large core-logging data sets
- The capability to see and plot your results down hole, or as sections, maps and scatterplots
- Simple export of critical data which can be used in other software programs for further processing
Below: The TSG Scatter Screen. Here we have a spatial Easting vs. Depth plot showing about 40 drill holes together with a scatter plot of two spectral indices calculated from the spectral data. Each circle represents a sample point. The Lasso function is illustrated here, where a cluster of sample points have been lassoed in the scatter plot and their spatial positions in the Easting vs. Depth plot are highlighted.
Developed by the Commonwealth Scientific Industry Research Organization (CSIRO) in Australia, the TSG Pro™ software interface has been designed specifically for geological applications. The analysis techniques available in TSG Pro focus on the applications of using spectral reflectance data for mineral analysis of outcrops, hand samples, drill cores, chips and pulps. Project data sets can be combined and organized together to easily analyze using methods such as mapping mineral assemblages, applications of spectral parameters for automated logging/mapping, deposit characterization and developing vectors to mineralization.
Below: The TSG Log Screen. In this plot, the spectral analysis results (Grp1 TSAS, Grp2 TSAS, CompChlorite, CompWtMica and dAlOH/dMgOH) are compared with imported data on each sample (Hole ID, from-to depths, and mineralisation percentage). The spectral data provide useful data on the key minerals which compared with the imported mineralisation data indicate a distinct change in both the chlorite and white mica chemistries which appears to be directly associated with proximity to mineralization.
Enhance your experience with the TSG Pro Starter Package and the Spectral Analysis Processing Program.
TerraSpec/TSG Pro Starter Package
- TSG Pro™ license with USB dongle
- Book: “ Spectral Interpretation Field Manual” - a spectral library of a wide range of common minerals
- Book: “A Practical Applications Guide to using the TerraSpec in Exploration and Mining”
- Full technical support
- Introductory Spectral analysis and TSG training (monthly webinars/training videos by AusSpec experts).
- Introduction to the principles of spectral analysis, the identifying features of mineral spectra and the information gained from them.
- Practical aspects of sampling and measurement issues, including QA/QC.
- TSG functionality.
- Introduction to data handling.
- The TerraSpec/TSG Pro Starter Package is designed so that it can be presented to the client at point of delivery.
Learn more about AusSpec and its approach to helping customers improve their mining exploration data processing skills.
*TSG is marketed and distributed under license by AusSpec International.