Like pharmaceuticals and chemicals, the manufacture of cosmetics, beauty, and other personal care products must meet stringent safety and quality standards. Thorough cosmetics analysis and testing of ingredients is a necessary, albeit costly undertaking, especially with traditional wet chemistry techniques such as chromatography and titration. These methods take place in laboratories rather than the production environment and require chemicals and time—which often results in laboratory chemical waste, sample waste, possible production delays and/or out-of-spec product.
Near-infrared (NIR) spectroscopy is a cost-effective technology for rapid qualitative and quantitative cosmetics analysis. NIR is an analytical tool that provides the ability to qualify incoming raw material purity, as well as quantify in-process chemical formulations and final product blends.
- Real-time in situ analysis
- Non-destructive testing
- Measure multiple constituents simultaneously
- No sample prep
- No chemical waste stream, environmentally friendly
- No sample waste
ASD’s Vis/NIR measurement instrumentation offers maximum flexibility to monitor and measure frequently and anywhere necessary to help your operation meet or exceed regulatory requirements. It is safe, convenient, and easy to use, with the added benefit of requiring less operator training.
- Easily analyze raw material and product on the receiving dock, in the warehouse, and throughout the manufacturing facilities, even through glass and most clear plastic bags and bottles
- Monitor in-process and finished product to ensure quality and consistency
- Minimize risk of product and/or material waste
- Reduce labor costs for better use of resources
ASD’s measurement solutions provide for more efficient manufacturing, better overall product quality, and a boost to your bottom line!