In recent years, the forest products industry has issued a growing call for process measurement innovation to reduce cost and increase profitability. ASD has answered.
Calling on 25 years of experience in NIR-based forestry, environmental, and plant analysis, ASD has emerged as a world leader in real-time, technology-driven measurement solutions for the forest products industry. ASD’s portfolio of measurement solutions is ideal for wood and pulp analysis in the lab, on the operator floor, and mounted over the conveyor or product flow.
ASD spectrometers are ideal for on-line and at-line wood and pulp analysis to validate products, increase energy efficiency of the mill, and to reduce raw material costs by increasing process efficiencies. From the forest to the mill automation system, ASD’s instruments perform critical analyses to maximize your profits and improve your product quality.
ASD’s portable and on-line measurement solutions offer:
- Enhanced mill automation through rapid data acquisition and seamless process integration
- Improved efficiency in the chip yard, bleach plant, and lime kiln operation areas
- Elimination of hazardous, costly materials used in traditional wood and pulp analysis
- Reduced need for highly technical operators
- Fast, easy analysis of vital material parameters before, during, and after the pulping process for both TMP and Kraft pulp
- Greater profitability through superior data quality, minimal operator variability, and excellent device longevity
- Increased processing speed through non-contact measurement provides real-time feedback to the mill’s process control DCS
Meet your customers’ demands for higher-specification products with increased knowledge of your process from the chip yard to the baling line. To learn more about how ASD measurement solutions can improve your pulp and paper analysis, bolster forest product operations, and increase your profits, visit the General Forest Products Applications page.
If you would like to read more about ASD’s measurement solutions for process optimization, request your complimentary copy of “Process optimization with light energy — Implementing NIR helps the pulp industry control chemical consumption” (an ASD contributed article published in Paper 360º, May 2008).