PANalytical Boulder is proud to announce the recipients of the 2014 Students in Mining TerraSpec Instrument Program award. Each student winner was selected for their creative application of the TerraSpec 4's capabilities in their research projects.
Recipients of the TerraSpec 4 and their research topics include:
Somayeh Hosseininejad, Ph.D. candidate
- Institution: Department of Geoscience, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Proposal Title:‘Integrated mineralogy, geochemistry and sedimentation, second white speckled shale, western Manitoba and eastern Saskatchewan, Canada’
Jacob Longridge, Ph.D. candidate
- Institution: Imperial College, South Kensington Campus, London, UK
- Proposal Title: ‘Investigations and clay mineral quantification in porphyry to epithermal transition’
Volker Möller, Ph.D. candidate
- Institution: Earth & Planetary Sciences, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Proposal Title: ‘The nature and origin of the Nechalacho Rare Metal Deposit’
Darina Štyriaková, Ph.D. candidate
- Institution: Institute of Geotechnics SAS, Košice, Slovakia
- Proposal Title: ‘Rocks and minerals weathering by indigenous heterotrophic bacteria in nature’
Return to the Students in Mining TerraSpec Instrument Program home page.